Our Future Revolves Around Yours
A Petition of Incorporation was filed with the Georgia Secretary of State in December of 1933 by eight gentlemen in regards to the creation of a new credit union. The petition was granted and on February 14, 1934, our credit union officially opened its doors as Albany Federal Employees’ Credit Union. At the end of our 1st year of existence, we only had 39 members and a net worth of only $837.10. Today, we have over 9,000 members and a net worth of over $52 million. On January 1, 2012 Albany Federal Employees’ Credit Union changed its name to Members United Credit Union.
When we were first created, we were a credit union for Federal Employees and their relatives in the Dougherty County area. Over the years our field of membership has grown. It now includes the following groups:
- Federal and Military employees or retirees in the Southwest Georgia counties of Atkinson, Baker, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brooks, Calhoun, Clay, Clinch, Colquitt, Cook, Decatur, Dougherty, Early, Echols, Grady, Irwin, Lanier, Lee, Lowndes, Miller, Mitchell, Quitman, Randolph, Seminole, Sumter, Terrell, Thomas, Tift, Turner, and Worth (the old 316 & 317 zip code area)
- Merck Chemical employees (added in 2003)
- Sumter County Sheriff’s Office employees (added in 2004)
- Ryan’s Steak House employees (added in 2007)
- Sam’s Club of Albany employees (added in 2008)
- All Dougherty County residents (added in 2008 by way of a residential charter)
- Active, associate, and limited members of the Federal & State Inspectors Association of America in Albany, Georgia and spouses of persons that died while within the field of membership of Federal & State Inspectors Federal Credit Union (added in 2010 by way of merger with Federal & State Inspectors Federal Credit Union)
- All Muscogee County residents (added in 2012 by way of merger with Members United Credit Union)
- Lance Snack Food Company employees (added in 2012 by way of merger with Members United Credit Union)
- Road America employees (added in 2012 by way of merger with Members United Credit Union)
- Columbus Country Club employees (added in 2012 by way of merger with Members United Credit Union)
- American Blanching Company employees (added in 2012)
- Professional Plumbing employees (added in 2013)
- Stafford Properties employees (added in 2013)
- Stafford Development Company - Tifton Division employees (added in 2013)
- Albany Mall employees (added in 2013)
- Stafford Foods employees (added in 2013)
Our purpose is to provide quality member services and to offer only the best products available. If you are interested in joining Members United Credit Union and you qualify based on one of the groups mentioned above or you are related to a current member by either blood, marriage or adoption please fill out the membership request under the applications tab in home banking or visit one of our branches.
Once a member, always a member.